Introductory Post

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my genius hour blog! Genius hour is a movement that encourages creativity in the classroom by allowing students to explore things they are passionate about. I will be participating in Genius Hour throughout this blog and my Genius Hour question will be...

How will meditating each night affect my mood and stress levels?!?

My goals for this Genius Hour project are to meditate at least once a day before bed and I am hoping that this will improve my mood and make me more resilient to stress. I will evaluate my progress through self-reflection and metacognition. I will take note of how I am feeling each day before and after meditation and hopefully, I will feel happier and less stressed after having meditated consistently.

Now a brief introduction of myself:

Education:

I am a fifth-year concurrent education student at Brock University in the J/I stream with a teachable in French. Before coming to Brock, I graduated with a French Immersion diploma from Aurora High School and Lester B Pearson Public School in Aurora, Ontario.

About me:

I love sports! I will watch any sport that is on tv and am always willing to play and try new sports. With that being said, my favourite sports are tennis, soccer, football and basketball. I played on Brock's tennis team for a few years and was a tennis instructor at summer camps for six years! I am an OSA soccer referee which keeps me involved in the sport and I am a huge supporter of AS Roma who play in Italy's Serie A. I love football and the NFL and have been a fan of the Rams since about five years old. I coached basketball for a few years back in high school and I try to watch every Raptors game that I can. I also love to travel and I am very fortunate to have visited my family's home country of Italy five times! I have also visited France, Spain, Monaco, Austria, and the Netherlands in Europe, the Bahamas and several states in the US. Some other interesting facts about me are that I'm an only child, I love country music and I have a black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate.

Marcello Leone. Passion Cloud. WordArt. Accessed September 10, 2019. https://wordart.com/

You can find out more about me at my All About Me Pinterest board link below! You will find a picture of my favourite sports teams the LA Rams and the Italian national soccer team, as well as a photo of someone teaching tennis because that is my summer job! There are also photos of French and geography educational tools because those are the two subjects that I have teachables in!
https://www.pinterest.ca/marcellocleone/all-about-me/

You can also check out my TPACK Quest google site and see all the cool badges I complete!


Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius Hour Blog Post 2

Genius Hour Blog Post 3